Test Your Connector
Testing your SmartThings Schema device involves three main steps:
- Enabling developer mode in the SmartThings app
- Deploying your device to test
- Testing your device
We recommend that the display name of your Connector be a combination of your company's brand name and the product's specific name such as its website or app name. For example, "Samsung SmartHome", "Samsung SmartCam".
#Enable Developer Mode in the SmartThings App
You must enable developer mode before you can test using the SmartThings app.
- Launch the SmartThings app.
- Tap the Menu tab on the bottom navigation bar.
- Tap the Settings gear icon. The SmartThings settings menu will appear.
- Long-press the About SmartThings menu option for 5 seconds. A developer mode toggle will appear in the settings menu.
- Enable Developer Mode.
- Restart the SmartThings app.
#Test Your Device With the SmartThings App
To test your devices with the SmartThings app:
- Launch the SmartThings app. Your SmartThings app and Developer Workspace must be signed into the same account.
- Ensure developer mode is enabled in the SmartThings app.
- Tap Add device on the Dashboard or devices tab of the SmartThings app.
- Tap My Testing Devices. You can now see and add your self-published devices.
If you have your company's Manufacture ID (MNID), you can see and add your self-published devices and also all self-published devices your company's developers have created.
- Confirm the connection by selecting ALLOW on your device.