After creating your SmartApp, the next step is registering it with SmartThings. This topic will walk you through the registration process using the Developer Workspace.
- Sign in to your Samsung account.
- Sign in to the Developer Workspace.
- If using a webhook, an app server up and publicly accepting lifecycle events from SmartThings via HTTPS.
- If using Lambda, permission to execute your Lambda function must be granted to SmartThings.
If you haven't already done so, create a new project from the project creation page in Developer Workspace. Select Automation, give it a name, and click CREATE PROJECT.
- From the project Overview, click REGISTER APP. This will open a configuration page with a few sections.
- Select the hosting type and enter a Target URL or ARN(s) respectively.
- Ensure the URL is HTTPS if hosting via webhook endpoint.
- Add a display name and description.
- Select the OAuth2 scopes that your app may require.
- Select whether you will allow single or multiple SmartApp Instances. Multiple instances allow users to install this SmartApp more than once, with different configurations in the same location.
- Add any custom parameters used in your SmartApp code.
- Click SAVE.