Testing your SmartThings Schema device involves three main steps:
- Enabling developer mode in the SmartThings app
- Deploying your device to test
- Testing your device
We recommend that the display name of your Connector be a combination of your company's brand name and the product's specific name such as its website or app name. For example, "Samsung SmartHome", "Samsung SmartCam".
Enable Developer Mode in the SmartThings App
You must enable developer mode before you can test using the SmartThings app.
- Launch the SmartThings app.
- Tap the Menu tab on the bottom navigation bar.
- Tap the Settings gear icon. The SmartThings settings menu will appear.
- Long-press the About SmartThings menu option for 5 seconds. A developer mode toggle will appear in the settings menu.
- Enable Developer Mode.
- Restart the SmartThings app.
Test Your Device With the SmartThings App
To test your devices with the SmartThings app:
- Launch the SmartThings app. Your SmartThings app and Developer Workspace must be signed into the same account.
- Ensure developer mode is enabled in the SmartThings app.
- Tap Add device on the Dashboard or devices tab of the SmartThings app.
- Tap My Testing Devices. You can now see and add your self-published devices.
If you have your company's Manufacture ID (MNID), you can see and add your self-published devices and also all self-published devices your company's developers have created.
- Confirm the connection by selecting ALLOW on your device.